Sunday 10 May 2009

Some Pictures of the Garden and Another Full Moon.

Ok, now I'm going to behave like London buses, I don't blog for a few days and then 2 or 3 will turn up together. Too bad, that's the way it is. The weather has been nice for a couple of days so I thought I would take a few photos' of the garden. I do it all the time and use them as reference as to how things are coming along year after year, for instance the lilac is a week later than last year, and 2 weeks later than the year before. A small, useless but fascinating fact. Sometimes I think I know where Sarah gets her autism from! So here is a picture of the lilac...Quite nice, but not as good as the tulips, these are pretty special this year considering the abject failure of tulips in our garden until now...
Nice colour I thought, then I found this little Aquilagia not far from flowering. When we lived in The Forest of Dean these grew like weeds everywhere, but here they struggle. This is a good month earlier than last year...
We have a pitiful display of about half a dozen Blue Bells, they struggle up under a tree every year and I have never taken a successful photograph of them, something to do with the blue, so this years photo has been somewhat tweaked, here it is...
The sleeping woman is a planter that fell over some time ago and we forgot about. There is not much else of any interest really, just the normal stuff waiting for it to get a bit warmer. We have got a wonky bird bath that is attracting a lot of attention and I caught this Sparrow in action...
So there you have a few bits of our garden. I mentioned the Full Moon in the title, happened to notice it whilst putting this post together so I shall finish up with a photo of that, tweaked a bit of course, I can't leave anything alone! Next post will be about Sarah because the Full Moon means my life gets a little easier for a couple of weeks since Sarah's moods are linked to the Full Moon...

1 comment: