Friday 11 September 2009

Sundown, Yellow Moon.

So, we are having a few nice days, sunshine blue skies, a little bit of heat on your skin. What a relief after the relentless gloom and dampness of the rest of the Summer especially after that exiting, hot, sunny and strangely not too dry spring.

It was Disco night for Sarah on Wednesday, it will be the last one we go to in daylight this year. If you want to know more about the disco, I posted a blog back in July called 'Ah, It's The 1st Wednesday Of The Month, That Means Disco.' It is not an ordinary disco, I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, when we boarded the mini bus the sun was shining, I should be more descriptive, the sun wasn't just shining, it was reflecting on every surface in a majestic sort of way, In an elemental way, it was a magnificent evening, in a disco way it left much to be desired, but that is totally subjective because of my devastatingly good taste in music which does not include disco. The sun had gone down by the time we were boarding the mini bus for the journey home.

As we rounded a corner, quite high up at the back end of Cwmaman, I saw the moon, a waning gibbous moon to be exact. Very low in the sky, just sitting on top of lower hills on the other side of the valley, and it was yellow, and the sky was the most intense dark blue. Quite, quite beautiful. And anyone who knows me will know what jumped into my head at that moment.

'Sundown, yellow moon, I replay the past
I know every scene by heart, they all went by so fast
If she's passin' back this way, I'm not that hard to find
Tell her she can look me up if she's got the time.

The last verse of Bob Dylan's most heartbreaking love song 'If You See Her, Say Hello.' And instantly, all the irritation of the awful sound system in the Working Men's Club, not to mention the appalling music being played on it, floated away and I was left sitting in the back of the bus transfixed by the vision of the yellow moon and the song, which I know inside out, playing in my mind. And to anyone who knows me who may be reading this and is probably thinking I should get a grip, I've just got one thing to say, 'Either I'm too sensitive, or else I'm gettin' soft.'

That's it, nothing else, just wanted to tell you about the sundown and the yellow moon, but while I'm here talking about the song, there is a line in the first verse, the last line of that verse in fact, that is a bit of an enigma to me, so can anyone shed some light on this one for me, what exactly is he getting at here? 'She might think that I've forgotten her, don't tell her it isn't so.' always leaves me wondering....



No comments:

Post a Comment